Saturday, March 27, 2010

Missing

Yesterday I finally got another letter from Ammaron. It made my day so much better. It is crazy how much that boy can brighten up my day. It is hard not having him so close and not being able to talk to him whenever I feel like it. It is hard waiting for the next letter to come when things come up that I just want to share with him. I just need to write him more and tell him what's up. But at the same time I don't want to do that because I do not want to distract him. All I know is I miss him so much! 

Why do we miss people? Why does it make us sad when we do not see someone we are so close to for a long time? Why does Heavenly Father put people into our lives just to have them leave us? 

It is so difficult. I just want to constantly be with those that I am the closest to. Leaving Virginia to come out here was so hard. I lived there for 12 years of my life. I had so many close friends that were always there for me. But I had to leave them. If it had just been for school it would have been easier, but with my family moving out here to Utah as well there is a chance I will never see those people again. Then here at school I get close to many people, Ammaron for example, just to have them leave me. 

Heavenly Father obviously puts them in our lives for a reason. But can that reason really be meant for a short period of time? Did they come into our lives for just a few months for one purpose and then have to leave? It is hard to wrap my mind around it. 

"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.. It has no survival value; rather is is one of those things that give value to survival. " -C.S. Lewis

All the friendships I have made have definitely helped me survive all the trials that have come up in my life. Without some of my friends, I don't think I would be where I am today. The best friends I have are my family. They all support me in my decisions and they are always there for me. It is so great to have that support system. I know I am far away from them and I miss them constantly, but it is great to know that they love me even from a distance.

Heavenly Father is my best friend. I know because of Him and His son, Jesus Christ, that I have gone through some of the hardest times just to rise out of them and become a better person. I know when I feel as if no one else is there to help me that I can turn to my Heavenly Father and receive the comfort so I can continue to go through my life.

Missing people is one of the hardest things in life. But if we focus just on how much we miss a person, we will miss out on all the other people that are sent to help us or need our help. We just need to keep going through life one day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time, one second at a time and just look for all the good in life instead of dwell on the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment