Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Two Months Gone By...

It is weird to think that it was two months ago that I made one of the hardest decisions of my life. It is one that I have struggled with for a good portion of these last couple of months. In the beginning, I had lost all hope that I would ever be able to figure out what the Lord wants for me. I had just hurt someone that I loved (and still love, just not in the same way). I didn't feel like I was good enough for anyone or deserved anything. There were so many times I just wanted to run away.

If it were not for the help of some amazing friends and my family, I would have given up hope. They helped me realize that all I needed was to turn to the Lord. It has been a struggle to strengthen my faith and turn to my Savior in order to become happy once again. Through much prayer and reading and listening to the council of prophets and apostles and other motivational speakers, I was able to change my way of thinking. I am thankful now for this trial I had to go through. I've learned so much from it already. I have made changes in my life in order to be happy.

Sure I have my days when I just wanted to cry all day long, but I think that the Lord has something else in mind for my life and my ultimate goal in life is to serve Him and do what it is He would have me do. I know there is something better out there for me (not to say what I had wasn't good). I know the Lord has a plan for me. I should not try to make things work the way I want them and in the time I want them to. I need to trust in the Lord and give my will over to Him.

"Faith in God includes faith in His timing"-Neal A. Maxwell.

No comments:

Post a Comment