Friday, June 22, 2012

Home Alone

First off... I know it has been a while since I have written a post. Life caught up with me. And I may have started using different social media sites more **cough cough TWITTER cough cough** But that's besides the point. I am back and writing again.

We have all seen the movie Home Alone right? I mean anyone that lived through the 90's has seen it. It is a classic. I know as a little kid watching it I was always scared to be at home by myself because I knew I wouldn't be as smart as Kevin McCallister. Little did I know that I would still be scare I be at home all alone at the age of 21.

I am currently the oldest child living at home and this week my two siblings just younger then me were gone on different vacations or camps. My dad has been up in Rock Springs, WY doing some work and my mom and the two youngest joined him last night for the weekend. That meant I had the house to myself. I was pretty excited that it would be nice and quite and I could do whatever I wanted. But as I was thinking all of that I forgot one little fact about myself.

I am scared of the dark.

It is more that I am scared that someone or something is going to just jump out at me. But still I get frightened when I hear little noises. My mind goes into overdrive thinking all the worst possible scenarios making myself even more afraid.

So last night as I was just sitting, watching White Collar (I heart Matt Bomer) I didn't notice how dark it was getting and that I hadn't turned any lights on. So once I was done with an episode, it was almost pitch black in my house. Thankfully I have a handy-dandy iPhone with a flashlight app. Ha ha. So I turned that on and went and turned on all the lights I could. Locked all the doors, made sure the blinds were closed. But still I was just freaked out. Obviously watching Neal Caffrey break into things so easily, I started to spook myself out because someone could easily break in. I went and locked myself in my room and just had to keep telling myself that I live in South Weber, UT. One of the most boring places on earth where nothing exciting happens. No one was going to break in.

I still had to turn some music on so that I wouldn't imagine all of these noises that would just creep me out. Thank heavens I fell asleep just fine and woke up in one piece. But I am really glad that my sister will be home tonight. It always feels better having one more soul in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment