Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hermana Kaitlyn Smith

Yesterday, I had the chance to go with some of my family to Provo to drop my older sister, Kaitlyn, off at the MTC. She will be serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Argentina Buenos Aires North mission. It was sad to see her go, but then you could see the excitement in her eyes and could tell that this is what she needed to do with her life.

Kaitlyn has been a great older sister! Such a wonderful example to me in so many ways. She has been a constant in my life. I've always been able to confide in her. Kait helped me through one of the hardest times in my life. She would just tell me how it was and not hold anything back. She has always had such a strong testimony and love for the church and our family. I've always looked up to her!

I was looking at our "friendship" on Facebook yesterday before leaving for Provo. It was fun to see some of the things we would write on each others walls. It definitely brought back some great  memories. Namely planning to go to the Dashboard Confessional and Snowpatrol concerts (neither of which we went to), getting all hyped up for the Keane concert (which was epic), planning phone dates to watch the TV show 'Flashforward' together, and just other random facts we'd share with each other.

Its hard to see my sister leave, but I know she is doing something so great with her life. I will miss her everyday she is gone and cannot wait until I get to give her a hug in 18 months. I love my big sister!!

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR MISSION HERMANA SMITH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment