Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hopeless or Hopeful?


I have always considered myself a 'Hopeless Romantic' type of girl. I thrive on romance! I love hearing everyone's love stories. Romance novels are by far the best ones to read, and if a book doesn't have some type of romance in it, I find it boring. Romantic comedies are my favorite movies to watch (what can I say I'm girl... I like chick flicks). I keep all the wedding invitations I have ever been sent. And although I am not a fan of wedding receptions, (and will not have one for my own wedding day) I love going just to see the happy couple and how in love they are. Hence all of these things I love, I have considered myself a 'hopeless romantic'. It wasn't until last Friday I've changed my mind.

I had a discussion about being a 'hopeless romantic' with Justin and was explaining why I thought I was a 'hopeless romantic'. I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm just a silly girl who is in love with love, which is definitely true, but I'm ok with that. As we were talking about it, Justin made a very good point. He told me that to him a 'hopeless romantic' was someone who loves love because they are don't have hope that they will have their own love story. I am definitely NOT that way. So we decided a better term would be a 'HOPEFUL romantic'. 

I am very hopeful that I will find that someone that completes me and makes me smile all the time! I love the thought of loving someone so much that I would do anything for them and knowing they love me just as much! I love thinking of what our life will be like in the future. Being the 'HOPEFUL romantic' that I am, I can just imagine us getting old together and our little kids running around and our house and all the fun things we do together. I am hopeful that one day that right guy will come along and just sweep me off my feet and we'll have the rest of eternity to spend together and I will be the happiest girl in the entire world! 

We should all be 'HOPEFUL romantics' instead of 'HOPELESS' ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment