Thursday, July 7, 2011

Short Guy. Tall Girl.

Everyone has thought about it before... Short guy dating tall girl. Its an odd mix. For some reason it just does not seem right. Is it because the guy is supposed to be all manly and bigger than the girl so he can protect her? I think that is what society has led us to believe. I won't lie. I'm one of those believers. It just does not seem to mix in my mind. But I guess to each their own. Such as this couple:


What spurred this whole post? Well let me tell you. A dear friend of mine sent me a text last night asking me to go on a blind date with this kid. I was like sure why not. I'm always up for a date. So that was that. No questions asked. But that's when my friend decided to tell me that he wasn't a tall guy which got some questions out of me. I come to find out that I am taller than him (I can't help it that I'm 5'8 and am taller than a lot of guys lately). At first we thought it was just by an inch or two. That's not a big deal to me. Then we find out exactly how tall he is... 5'3. That's right... He's a full 5 inches shorter than me. I just laughed about it. Honestly I don't care how tall he is or that I'm going on a date with him tonight, it will still be fun. But I was worried that he wouldn't want to take a girl out that was that much taller. You know... in case he had short man syndrome. I didn't want to hurt his ego. But apparently he's fine with it.

So I'll be going on a date with a shorty. It should be fun. Will definitely make my "Weird Things That Have Happened on Dates" list. But that's what will make it enjoyable right? So we'll see how it goes. If anything I will make a new friend tonight which to me is always the greatest!

No comments:

Post a Comment