Saturday, March 5, 2011

Being Blonde

Back before my journey at college ever began, I had never once dyed my hair. It was something I had never even thought of doing! I thought my hair was so beautiful and didn't want to seem fake. But then one December night, as I was with my dear friend, Ammaron (who was getting his hair bleached) I got pressured into putting a random streak of blonde in my hair. And that is where my being blonde began.

I went home for that Christmas break and my family loved it and decided they wanted to have it done as well. I added another streak into my hair just for fun. For a year that is what I did with my hair. I was satisfied with that crazy, wild, random change.

But I have lately felt like I needed some type of change in my life. I don't know why it was needed but I just felt like I need to shake life up a bit. That is when the idea came to me... Why not just go full blonde?

That very weekend, I was heading down to Cedar City to visit old friends. I discussed with them about what I wanted to do and they thought it was a great idea! Although they thought I should gradually ease my way into being blonde by just getting highlights. I thought it appropriate that I should go blonde in the very place that it all began over a year ago. No one from So Web had any idea that I was going to go blonde. Which is partly why I wanted to do it. I love getting reactions out of people!

So how has it been being blonde you might ask? I think it is fabulous!! It seems to fit my personality better. It has been a week since I got it done and I still get a little freaked out when I look in the mirror and see that I am basically blonde (even though its just highlights). But I love it nonetheless. It is something I hope to keep up because I think its adorable. And those are my thoughts on being blonde.

No comments:

Post a Comment